Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ambiance Luxe Wedding | Connecticut Riverfront Wedding at the Gelston House {Photography Time Frozen}



Lisa & Rob called me a few months before their wedding to help them tie up the loose ends and the decor. I loved them from the instant I met them! Such an awesome, unique, and genuine couple. Their wedding took place on August 8, 2009 at the Gelston House in Haddam, CT.


The Gelston House sits in front of the Goodspeed Opera House and has amazing water views. The food is excellent and it is a perfect location for a small to medium sized wedding.



Recently rennovated, the Gelston house has beautiful chairs, an open, generously sized reception room, and beautiful surroundings! In good weather you can have your cocktail hour under this tent that is shared with restaurant guests. You can dine at the Gelston House to check out their food!
Since it was misting and on the edge of raining, rather than ruining Lisa's beautiful dress, we chose to have Lisa & Rob's ceremony inside, with their gerber daisy ceremony arrangements in front of the long, dramatic windows. We still had an amazing view!
I am looking forward to getting Lisa & Rob's photos from their photographers, Time Frozen Photography. Keith & his wife were awesome to work with, and their work was gorgeous! They even attended the ceremony rehearsal to take some pre-wedding shots and check out the location and the best angles.

Lisa, Jenna, & I looked for gerber daisy ideas and came up with this simple, DIY centerpiece that I put together myself! We ordered the daisies from a local florist, I made the vases with ribbon and jewels that we shopped for together, and Nicole & I put the centerpieces together on site to keep the delicate gerbers fresh. The guests took these home and really enjoyed their unusual, whimsical nature.
Lisa & Rob's placecards were some of my favorite placecards. We printed them in our shop on our big printer, and Jenna, Lyssa, and Rochelle helped me put them together. We also added the rhinestone!

We also scattered some rose petals on the tables, and left vases for Lisa and the girls to place their bouquets in at the head table. Lisa & I chose to go with simple off-white linens provided by the Gelston House.




Lisa & Rob chose to have a candy buffet for their guests. It was an amazing hit! The guests particularly loved the gumballs and jellybeans. For paper, Lisa asked me to make table numbers, labels for her candy buffet and signature cocktail, and even her ceremony programs featuring her and Rob's engagement photo from Keith Claytor's engagement session.

Here is a shot of the program at the reception. Below is a copy of the front cover close up, so you can see Keith's awesome shot of Lisa & Rob at their engagement session. Jenna downloaded Lisa & Rob's signature font for me. I love Jane Austen!

Lisa & Rob's swiss dot buttercream cake was made by
Carissa Chanthavong, a friend of Lisa & Rob's who makes delicious wedding and special occassion cakes out of Tolland CT. Everyone loved Lisa & Rob's wedding cake!



Lisa & Rob, we truly enjoyed working with you to complete your wedding day visions. You are such an amazing couple and I can't wait to spend more time with you as my season dies down! Much love to you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment